Monday, April 19, 2010

Social Web Project

For my online community project I joined The Teachers Corner. I should have done more research before joining this community. Over all I was disappointed. This network was used mostly to ask questions and not as a place to share meaningful ideas. When I joined it looked like a valuable resource because it was described as a place to share classroom ideas and lesson plans. However, after reading the threads it seems more like a question board. I contributed on some of the threads and posted my own.

My post was an Alaskan Native Games Unit that I had taught in my Team and Individual Activities classes. I wanted to share this unit, because my students had a very positive response to it. My thread had 555 views and 0 feedback. I didn't really feel like I was part of a community. I think I would have benefited more from a community that specifically focussed on health and Physical Education.

There are some online Physical Education communities, but unfortunately many of them cost money. I have also been looking into Health communities, there seems to be a lot of options out there. It would be useful to connect with other wellness people around the world and share ideas. The online community I chose was not the right one for me, however, I do see the value in connecting with other professionals and sharing teaching ideas and strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment